What do you do?
I’m a certified Kinesiologist with a passion for helping those with food and environmental sensitivities.
Because I know what it feels like to have extreme allergies! That’s a photo of me before I became a Kinesiologist! Scary huh? I was an absolute mess & became sensitive to virtually EVERYTHING – what I ate, drank, came in to contact with, things in the environment – even the water! I was down to eating green beans, lettuce and a bit of chicken. I felt frustrated, isolated, stuck and misunderstood. I was struggling with getting through the day and felt at the mercy of my own body and its over-reaction. I was in absolute despair that I would feel and look like this for the rest of my life. I saw many specialists and took countless medications. It wasn’t until I found Kinesiology that I started to see results. It offered a way to clearly see what my body was reacting to and a subsequent way to overcome it……triggers were identified and eliminated and as my body gradually regained balance, the symptoms subsided. As soon as I was better, I knew I wanted to help others with this non-invasive, holistic and effective therapy that had completely turned my life around. So I began my studies to become a certified and integrated Kinesiologist.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
Nothing gives me a better ‘high’ than a client coming in and saying that they are back to eating a well loved food – like pizza! Or that they spent the weekend playing with their kids outdoors without worrying about triggering their chronic hay fever or asthma. That their bloating has gone or that their depression has lifted. I love hearing that they are thinking more clearly, have more energy and are sleeping better. I have a client who can now eat apples again after 8 years! Another client no longer reacts to mosquitoes. This is why I do what I do. It helps people get their freedom back!
What tips can you give someone struggling with health problems?
• Take responsibility for your own health. No one knows you like you do, trust your gut instincts as to whether a therapy is working for you or not and don’t be afraid to try something new if you feel drawn to it.
• Realise that you are amazing and that we all have our own unique journey and differing needs.
• We are what we eat! Treat your body with the respect it deserves and endeavour to eat nutritious food that serve and fuel your body.
• Be kind to yourself. Our emotions affect our physical. Look into the mind/body connection.
• Try Kinesiology…you’ll be amazed with what your body can tell you!
• Have hope, focus on what you desire and trust that it is possible!
How can Kinesiology help?
I believe that symptoms are the body’s warning system – the effect rather than the cause – and can provide insight into what’s happening in your body. I believe in the body’s innate ability to heal itself and that Kinesiology is one of the most effective and best kept secrets in healthcare! Kinesiology encompasses the physical, emotional, nutritional and energetic needs of each client. It truly is a holistic therapy.
If you would like to chat to Andrea or make a booking, please call 0417 698 561.
Health Fund Rebates are available.
Follow her on facebook: Be Free Kinesiology
Check out her website: www.befreekinesiology.com.au